Monday, May 04, 2009

Could do better

Havent been able to play for a week or so but got in a couple of hrs today. Am back up to NL100 since my good run a couple of weeks ago boosted my roll. My criminal error is to still not have the tracking software on since deleting pokertracker last year in a tilt induced strop. Keep meaning to register hold em manager.

My mate Ben spotted huge leaks in my game when I was sat at his table last week, he confirmed what I sort of knew but hadn't admitted to myself yet, I was playing CACK! Its been good enough to beat NL50 but will definitely loose on NL100. Basically since going busto my game has gone to pot, limping in too many pots, giving up on flop and generally too loose-weak.

Therefore as of 10 days ago I decided to try and get back to basics, back to tight aggressive old ways. Last session last week id ran really hot so couldn't judge if I was playing better as everything played itself. Today was pretty similar, I hit alot of good hands. My main test will come in normal sessions, however at the moment enjoying boosting roll a bit more.

Today hit a run of hands early, think I played some of them badly and didnt get as much as I should have, I should have bet out a couple of times when hit sets but didn't. Main pot I won I wasnt even sure I was winning, had JJ, vs a guy who's 3 bet pre, flop was 9 high 2 spades, he bet 3/4 pot and I pushed all in, no insight to why, it was just a AI or fold move, luckily he had 10 10 and doubled me up. Wasn't happy with how id played it but happy with pot that got me going

Biggest pot of the day I lost but got lucky to win small side pot, unfortunally 3rd best hand (when all in) won main pot. Basically sat with $110, AA, one guy bets $4, 1 caller, I pop it to $14. Flop 2 3 8 two diamonds. First guy bets 3/4 pot, other calls. I just push, bigger stack pushes all in (ooops) and other guy calls (he has $85), turn ace (wohoo), river diamond (boo), big stack has 88 so I robbed him for side but, smaller stack 6 9d takes the $250ish main pot. Cant moan but a blank river would have put cherry on a good session.

So NL100 has started well, but think ive ran real good, still think my game isnt great. Ben outplayed me on one table today, kept 3 betting me and I kept folding! Although I did play a little better and limped into fewer pots, in the main when I was VPIP I was raising, more like the good old days! Although still a load of leaks to fill.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amatay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home