Friday, April 24, 2009

I run like Ben Holmes

Sat down tonight with a long session in mind but have just logged off after 75 mins 2 tabling NL$100 after running sickly hot for first hour, hands played themselves and it was always in my favour.

Within first 10 mins id hit 3 sets, that housed up and were vs straights, one vs a full buy in and two vs between 50% 75% stacks. Also hit straight vs overpair with 46 sooted, plus quite a few other pots where I hit hard vs other decent hands. Didnt play well, they just played themselves.

Reason for logging off was a cowardly (or smart one), had a few pots go against me in last half hour, 2 buy ins lost. First one had Q10d on 10 j 2 (two diamonds) board, betting into a guy, K d hit river and he had Ace high flush, also me 10 9 on 9 8 7 2 6 board vs 10 j.

Felt the tide was turning and was happy to stop with my biggest one session profit for since I went busto earlier this year.

Folded a set on one of my last hands, had potential to be my biggest pot of the night. Convinced it was right decision at the time but still cant help feeling I left money on the table. Me 44 in a 5 way limped pot. flop 3 4 7 (two spades). Blinds check, First limper bets pot, I raise and BB re-raises. Hes been at my table all session and a few sessions before. He rarely looses a showdown hand and is very tight, his raise isn't huge and I call (think I should raise here but im already thinking he has 56). Turn is 2 and he bets 3/4 pot. He started hand with about $150 to my $350 (NL100). I really think it long and hard, I'm either commiting to it by putting him all in or folding. I fold after letting my extra 2 mins run and now that decision is killing me. Maybe I left a $300 pot out there to add to my hot streak. I went with my gut and read but he never showed and I hate the uncertainty not knowing if he had a raggy 2 pair or a 7 with flush draw! If he hadnt been in the blinds I'd have gone for it as I dont think he plays 56 (generally has big cards when volantry enter the pot). Think I should have just went for it on flop, maybe id have housed up on river anyway. Who knows, maybe Im just a pu55y!, Ive told myself so many times to go with my read so guess just need to be happy I made a decision (trying to convince myself here, but bet I get a load of abuse for that fold). Last week when I folded a similar hand vs a over set (also detailed on blog) atleast he had the decency to show me the nuts and feed my ego!

Anyway decided may aswell log off for a bit as cant run as hot as I did for that much longer! Wish poker was always that easy

1 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

Good skills mate - however when I win money it is ALWAYS down to skill - no good luck involved :-)

If you had a read on the villain in the last hand then not the worst fold ever - he could also have 55 or 77 to have you drawing to one out. If I'm 100BB or 150BB deep I'm usually getting it all in with a set against most players though.

9:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home