Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby Spin up?

Play a little more tonight, won a bit back from earlier weeks losses, still grinding away so nothing exciting unfortunately.

Baby is due in 5 weeks, Im guessing my time to play will be very limited (and he could come anytime). Therefore maybe I should whack all my roll that ive carefully built up over last couple of months onto 2 tables on NL1000 soon and just see if I can spin it up, that would atleast be woth a decent post. I played with idea tonight but reasoned with myself that if it went wrong I'd kick myself with no roll to play with till the time comes

Grinding doesnt lend itself well to exciting blogging!

4 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

Depends which way you want to go I suppose.

If you fancy using poker as a diversion from work / life stress and just play for entertainment (with a chance of wining obviously) then go for the spin up. You get paid well enough to reload after pay day if things go wrong and you fancy grinding again.

If you want to get your game right and know you can beat lower limits before playing with big boys then grind NL100 etc.

I'm going for latter option but I know Soap is likely to advocate the first one!!

9:01 am  
Blogger Brenos said...

Put it all on red

9:16 pm  
Blogger Poker play the Soap way said...

buy into the GUKPT main event in town in May instead

11:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GL with the baby, it will take up all your time so be warned! My Mrs just had our baby boy and I have forgotten what sleep is! As I type this at 0436 I have been up 2.5 hours and only had 1.5 hours kip before then! Fatherhood = brilliant!

Be careful with the spin up. I span $600 to $1.6k Martingaling Blackjack this month but now have $650 as the wheels inevitably fell off!

3:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home