Saturday, April 11, 2009

In the Zone

Had chance to play for 90 mins this morning, best ive played for ages, apart from the fact I did play a little heads up vs a player who I knew was better than me after 10 hands, but competitive streak kept me at table, another leak to plug

On the 6 seaters played well, it was probably just luck but everytime I was in a big hand I put the other guy on a an excact hand and made a few big calls that were right, also one big fold with a set vs a guy Ive playwed a few times recently, board was A Q 6 7 with me 77, hed checked flop (after 3 betting pre which he only does with AA, KK, QQ as far as ive seen, then reraised me big on turn, no way he does that with KK (he has a pretty set betting pattern and nearly always has best hand in big pots hes in) so I could only put him on AA QQ, never normally fold in this spot, but went with my gut and folded and he showed QQ, that felt like a double up on its own. Although it did still take me running my extra time right down as couldnt bring myself to fold, it feels good when you do make right call!

Think it was just one of those sessions where you convince self you are great but next time every gut feeling will probably be wrong! Still was only about a $100 profit as I lost a bit with my stupid hu session (so im not that great as the right call there was coming off after 10 hands). Still bankroll is increasing nicely and should move up to NL100 soon

EDIT: also played for 45 mins a bit later, only one table and played a bit cack (as was just doing it while watching tv seeing if I could get dealt any hands, wasnt really pushing anything and wasnt looking to play a lot of hands), made a bit of cash but made some dubious looking calls (that I felt were right on river), but as soon as I left the table i had 3 buddy invites from randoms, just goes to show what an image you can get even from a short session. I will accept these inviteds and let them come and get me

2 Comments:

Blogger Poker play the Soap way said...

wow immense fold

11:06 am  
Blogger BH said...

Looking forward to locking horns on NL100 soon :-)

5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home