Sunday, January 10, 2010

Swings

Felt like tonight passed my first major test since restarting in Nov. Had a high varience session and a few patches where big pots went against me. One particular sick patch saw me loose 2 150BB pots within 3 mins

1) I raised with 99 and was 3 bet, called and flop was 9 10 2 (with 2 spades). The guy bet pot and im sure he has overpair. We get it all in and he has 10 10

2) I 3 bet big with KK vs the weak player at table who is a caller. Flop K J 2. I bet pot on flop and 3/4 pot on blank turn, only for 10 to hit on riv and he has AQ

At this stage I was $350 down for the night. Felt myself get a bit worked up but comforted self in the fact there was not much I could have done. Grinded on ready to accept my first loosing session for Jan then won a 160BB pot, I raised with 44, 2 callers, flop 4 10 10. I bet out and guy called, 2 clubs on board so im hoping he has draw that'll get there. Blank 3 on turn and he starts raising me. He has A10. So that was a fortunate situation in my favour

Was up and down all night and ended up in small profit. Thought I might get big payday on my last hand. Id left other tables and unticked auto post and was my last hand when dealt 99. I raised and got 3 callers. Flop 9 8 8. I bet out half pot, 1 caller. He has $360 I have $320. I'm hoping he catches something to pay me off. Turn 5 putting 2 hearts on board and he calls me again. River a blank 2 and I check as put him on draw and think he may have a pop at a bluff, he checks, with 10Jh. He had a lot of draw outs to hit and get in trouble. Never mind, cant complain after run ive had recently and even tonight the poker gods somehow found a way for me to come from quite a bit down.

2 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

sounds as though you are nearly ready to go pro :-)

2:35 am  
Blogger Brenos said...

You win most positive blog of 2010 award!

Great stuff mate, keep it up :-)

11:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home