Saturday, January 09, 2010

Busted set of kings= Tilt

After winning about £100 in this afternoons session I had a few hours on tonight. First 90 mins wasn't great, I had a couple of guys river me in near full buy in pots, which has not happened much recently so was definitely due. To try and combat tilt lately I have prepared ared myself for these pots and promised myself I would a) take a deep breaths and b) immediately fold next hand unless it was premium (as in the past my tilt is usually to raise the next 10 pots regardless which starts a spiral). Did both of these but to be honest never felt to flustered as realise been on a good run lately

Anyway was able to stay focused as there were a couple of genuine fish around, especially a couple who played 90% of pots but never raised, I love those type! Another fault of mine in the past has been a refusal to stop a session down and playing on until im atleast even. Again that wasn't really top of mind tonight as had set myself a end time of about 1am. In the next hour grinded back to even, helped by fact hit a couple of sets, They never won as much as they could as boards got scary but still decent size. One was my own fault as should have got more chips in on flop but decided to let a turn come off and just call a flop bet (he was v aggressive), turn was a scare card for him when he actually had top pair on flop, my mistake

Late on I got ahead with a full buy in pot, 67s I raised in cut off and button 3 bet (not a big reraise and he 3 bet in position alot). BB (was a big fish) called so I decided to see a flop, came down k 5 9, the k and 9 are my suit. Gives me a fl draw and gut shot. The fish bet $1! (thats how he was all night). I just called as had a plan for button guy.

I'd played with the button guy all night and felt he would raise regardless of his cards in this spot. After 3 betting and the ridiculous $1 bet and my simple call there was no way he wasnt betting at this flop. His 3 bet range was actually quite wide from what id seen (hed 3 bet with things like 9 7, q 10). My plan was for him to raise and i'd re-pop it, thinking i may take it down there and then and if not (if he had AK AA etc) I was prepared to gamble. He duly raised, the BB fish folded, so I re-raised. He then went all in, doesn't take a genius to know 7 high is behind but I call the last $30 or so to try and win the $230 pot. He has the nuts, KK, I hit flush on river. Harsh for him, but he goes berserk at me, very foul mouthed chat abuse. He then proceeds to reload $100 and go all in pre flop every hand strategy, unfortunately I picked up a load of trash but he manages to loose 4 more buy ins in next 12 mins (after grinding for 3 hrs). YES the tilt meltdown wasnt me! thats no real tilt blow outs since start of Nov, amazing what a string of wins does for your mentality ;-)

Anyway won a couple more pots after this and ended session £100 up, £200 for the day

Roll now up to £1700

2 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

Ha ha - class. I was fearing the worst after reading the title but good to hear tilt monsters weren't yours.

Cheers for kick up the arse in previous post - I am grinding this month though - honest!

2:04 pm  
Blogger Brenos said...

Nicely written mate, I think you had us all!

2:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home