Saturday, August 29, 2009

Break Even

Played Thu for about 4hrs, break even night that felt like profit after being down at one point. I played cack when down but at least I didnt run up the stakes like I felt like doing

Most of the damage done on one table, after my last post promising to keep away from brennan, I found myself sat on his table by accident after reg on all waiting lists. Decided to stay, this time it wasnt him that did the damage but another guy who later claimed to be drunk and normally a high roller (they all say that!). To be fair he wasnt bad at all he just hit a load of hands vs me, stuff like where Id hit a set on turn that would also make him flush, in effect a 1 outer that is only card that gets me in trouble etc etc

Then I had a hand that kinda tilted me, his betting pattern was such that if you fired flop and he liked to take it from you, if you called then hed really go for it on flop. I waited and got AA, raised he called, 885 flop, I bet he raises, I call knowing that with air he'd give up to a raise. Turn a 5 and as expected he fires, I call, pretty sure hes not got 5 or 8. Then a 9 comes, puts 3 to a flush plus poss straight and he bets all in, I talk myself into folding but get extra time to decide. He could have got lky on riv but after taking 90 secs extra decide to call, hit the call button and Ive disconnected, my bloddy virus scan had started and took me off internet. Maybe it saed me money, but no, apparently he showed 34 (no flush). More tilted by fact every time I had called him up to that point was behind , the one time I set him up and caught him I am ahead but stil cant win! Thankyou virus scan, cost me 110 euros ;-)

After that I did definitely play worse, played more hands etc. Was 4 buy ins down at that table, re grouped after 30 mins or so and eventually got everything back.

Off to play Aspers £75 deep stack tonight, mainly for the crack as I suspect I'll play my normal MTT style which is, sit and play tight, get blinded down after a few hrs, wait for AJ, push with less than 10 BB and go out. Actually its deep stack so should give time snd stack to play some speculative hands early so will try and see if I can build a stack, if not im sure it'll be fun anyway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home