Monday, December 28, 2009

NL100

Once bankroll got to £1k, started playing NL100, but in $, so just under 20 buy ins, as im only 2 max 3 tabling and not tons of hrs felt it was fine. Have alo taken my initial deposit out so only playing with profit/ Played a few sessions overs xmas and roll now at £1300. Still got same old leaks in my game that I notice alot more at NL100, mainly calling a opening raise a bit too often especially out of position. Especially hands like QJ, KQ, KJ, J10, AJ etc etc

Last session I made a decision to try and start plugging that leak once and for all, only flat call to a raise on very limited occasions, mainly if situation (stacks, action around me etc) was right with small pairs or soooted connectors in good position (and depending on action sometimes these were 3 bet). Anything else was to a opening raise was folded or 3 bet. Definitely means for a few bigger pots but definitely feels like im more in control of pots and table.

Lost a couple of full buy in pots and still havent tilted, so far so good. Am happy with £1300 profit since Nov and over xmas havent been tempted by spin ups which I thought I'd fall victim too. Especially after being back at the wifes parents on xmas eve when my brother in law built up to £18k profit before dropping back down to £4k profit at end of night, pissed,, playing gradually higher from NL600 to NL5000 euro (and he calls himself a pro ;-)).

If anything was going to tempt me to have a gamble it was that kind of sick action but I passed the test. I still blame my gambling mentality on the time he came to live with us and I watched him playing his normal high stakes for a few nights running, that was back in summer of 08 and looking back thats when I started trying to do some quick fire NL1000 spin ups, which went well at first but by 2009 became my downfall. Lesson learnt in that its fun to watch bigger stakes but dont try and get there yourself with short cuts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Poker play the Soap way said...

well done m8 - nice to see the tilt monkey has gone on sabbatical ;)

4:50 pm  
Blogger Jackal23 said...

so far anyway, but like any sabbatical he's bound to return from it. Lets hope he takes the Ben Holmes philosophy to them and just buggers off for good ;-)

11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home