Sunday, September 06, 2009

Steady Away

Got back to basics this weekend. Wife had a mate staying so I got to put in some hrs. Not hugely profitable but stuck to NL50 and over 3k hands. On Saturday I had a 5 buy in dowswing, mainly coolers or huge draws that I pushed and missed. Managed to stay at stakes and grind it back

Holdem manager really helping ID leaks in my game, working on a few today and think it will up my hourly rate. Huge one was playing too loose out of position, managed to fix that in todays session but not sure I have the discipline over long term. Also trying to 3 bet with a wider range which is working as my AA/KK are now getting paid off more than they were. Although I maybe picked a bad time to do that as my KK lost 3 all in pf pots over the weekend, one to AK, one to QQ and one to AA

Turned that daft ev tracker off my graph, it was just tilting me and theres so many hands it cant take into account plus I'm well down on ev over 12k hands so dont want too look at it anymore. Maybe im due to run golden, hope so!

Anyway about £100 up for month not incl rakeback, so same as last month, bankroll steadily going up, even if nothing spectacular.

3 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

Good work on the grind front.

I'm definitely beginning to agree with you on the EV figure - good players will always be behind EV as they will normally get the money in in front and suffer bad beats.

By the way, I'm above EV so far this month :-)

11:27 pm  
Blogger Poker play the Soap way said...

I am -10K$ on EV this month.

It is the most ridiculous measurement in poker - totally and utterly pathetic how it is calculated and every good player should be -EV.

11:37 pm  
Blogger Poker play the Soap way said...

Come on jackal give us a retrobate update :D

1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home