Wednesday, December 23, 2009

As Expected

I was definitely due a bad session, it came this afternoon, logged on for a shortish session and quickly lost 4 buy ins, 2 beats and 2 coolers,

- AK on AK2 board, versus flush draw, all in on flop, pretty standard cant moan
- KQ vs AA on a KQ6 board vs a slow played preflop AA, all in on flop river an ace
- J high flush vs ace high flush, jack was second nuts on board
- Set vs set

Nothing horrendous and definitely due, it was the speed at which they happened, 15 mins across 2 tables. This was the first real test of tilt. Maybe as its xmas and im in a good mood but more likely as Ive been playing more for fun meant that I didnt tilt anymore off. Although there was one questionable button 3 bet with J5 sooted, that flopped second pair and flush draw that lost me a bit (well a 90% buy in) more but I'll ignore that one ;-)

Logged back on after tea and won a few buy ins back, with hands that were ahead and held up. The poker gods have started to re balance it pretty soon. I know that in the rest of the year after 4 quick full buy in hands like the above I'd have jumped up stakes to chase it back asap

Not been a good year at all, after years of steadily increasing yearly profits this year has seen a big drop, looking back I have played like a numpty gambler from Jan-Sep. Two -£2k sessions and one -£1k session at the stakes I play is quite ridiculous and all were while tilting/chasing

Think going back to playing for fun and not expecting to make a load of quick dosh has helped put it back in perspective, shows how hard the game can slap you as soon as you stop respecting it. So the positive of the year is think I've come out a bit better after seeing how bad I can really play over a long period, and how the game doesnt reward a quick big win mentality

Anyhows, just over a week left of the year, aim is to get there without blowing the roll I've built on one big spin up. Perhaps best strategy for that is not logging on ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home