Monday, January 11, 2010

Maniac

Continued with high varience poker tonight, raising lots and pushing all my draws. Mixed in there were a few awful hero calls where I just didnt believe the person (when in hindsight it was v obvious they had hit). You know the type, when your on a run of winning session, feel invincible and feel anyone betting into you is weak and your bottom pair is good, I did a few of them and looked foolish

Again quite a few swings and 150bb-200bb pots. Hit a few hands late on when my reputation was very fishy, including flopping a straight flush with 23h on A45 flop, the person with 45 paid me off till river for full buy in even though 4th heart hit on turn,

Looking back at session I played awful, made some good moves in spells but mainly awful. Definitely worse session since Nov, even though still ended up in profit. Wont have much time in next few days which is probably good thing as feel myself getting looser!. However, defintely a few positives

- I was atleast an agressive loose (in past ive played loose limp/caller style in patches
- Still havent ventured up the stakes and today was very tempted when a few hundred down
- Im not getting angry when loosing big pots, think 2night I was definitely tilty but it wasnt my full blown angry tilt it was just im bored of grinding lets gamble and push the action a bit tilt, a fun tilt ;-)
- If id just grinded like normal, I wouldnt have lost the big pots but wouldnt have won the big pots late on either, so atleast it was a fun session that balanced out

Awful poker mind, think I was lucky not to have a big downswing in roll last 2 nights

1 Comments:

Blogger Poker play the Soap way said...

Not many people can recognise they played awful and won - good skill to have in terms of self awareness IMHO and if got on a few fish lists then good arrows :D

8:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home