Thursday, August 27, 2009

Update

I’ve continued to grind the last couple of weeks. Had a bit of a hiccup just after my last post where I was 4 tabling NL50 and had 2 or 3 sick pots simultaneously where I lost full buy ins to draws. That tilted me and affected my play for about half an hour where I lost another 150 or so away. I have to admit at that point I only had about £250 or so of my initial £500 deposit left and went up the stakes to double up. Promised I wouldn’t do it, but I did and got back to my initial £300 and started again. However managed to refocus and get back to grinding the next day and have rebuilt profit for the month. Ive ran bad a couple of times since and resisted chasing them as felt embarrassed by my inability to have discipline, hopefully that is truly lesson learnt, we’ll see!

Currently on course for about a £500 profit month which I’m quite happy with as my first month back grinding and dropping down to NL50. I still haven’t played a huge amount of hands, mainly when I can fit it in (when baby and Vicky are sleeping) so often at the expense of sleep.

Have also dropped about 100 to Brennan over the month, one intersting pot where I had QQ and not sure I should have stacked off, raised up pf which he called on the button, flop 589, I bet pot, he calls, turn 5 (which I thought was a good card as was a little worried about 89 or J10), I bet again he calls, river 3, I bet (as didn’t want to check and let the cheeky fella betting all in and stealing off me, only hand I thought he may have that beat me is 67 and don’t think he’d have slow rolled as not his style), he raises all in and I realise im probably behind but not much left to call, he flips over 56. nasty turn as think if it had been a 6 that he hit it would have slowed me down on 5689 board) Just goes to show no soft playing between friends which is great as I think if you sit at a table vs. someone you know you should play properly vs. them. However it’s still noted brengun and next time I bust you ;-)

Feel the NL50 are very easy to beat as long as I play consistent/focused…….. and stay away from brennan, who to be fair is the best player ive seen at the NL50 stakes so far. If I start getting over loose it goes pear shaped quickly. I have popped up to NL100 a couple of times, usually just one table alongside my NL50, in profit there a bit but not many hands so far.

On a down note, tried getting ladies to agree and retag me through RTR, tried aND promise them more play and no play if they didnt etc but it didn’t work. Makes me a bit sick to see the extra $ could be getting from RTR rake races. However in light of the recent BetonBet/Eurolinx collapse I won’t be changing sites. My brother in law whos a pro lost £16k of his roll which he had deposited on these sites when they went into liquidation, owing players about £5m overall (some people had their full rolls on the sites), sick and if you read the history something very dodgy has gone on, so I’ll be saying on mainstream sites even if I feel cheated out of extra rake that others are getting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Poker play the Soap way said...

Same thing when i tryed to get my account retagged also mate.

I just deposited into purple lounge on a massive rakeback deal but Brennan pointed me to your blog to read the scare stories!! Going bad at the minute so I probably dont have much to worry about as will prob bust it in 2 days :) - see you tomorrow !!

9:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home