Sunday, August 16, 2009

MTT End game- How not to guide

Played the Laddies MTT VIP Freerole tonight, 280 runners. I started off with intention of busting or getting a big stack right from the start. Doubled up within 5 hands mainly firing at flop and turns and ppl folding. Wasnt even really looking at my cards. Then lost a big chunk when raised with a10, flop A102 and im versus 10's. Left me with 600 chips. I then proceeded to push all in pretty much every hand, everyone was folding but I did get a treble up at one point where I had best of it going in

I actually had one run of about 20 all ins in a row not called, even had AA and KK in the middle. I then got caught with 37 vs aj but I hit, that put me on 7k. I then slowed down but was raising , just over raises not all ins. Started folding occasionally amazing how many chips you can pick up that way, got a guy all in with my ak vs his kj and it held, 12k in chips

I then started to play properly rather than reckless, although still aggressive, had a few nice spots and decent reads got up to 35k, top 2 in chips with 70 or so left.

This is when I reverted to timid boy again, should have carried on with aggression, my logic was to tighten right up as I had a horrible image, just wait for big hands and pick smaller stacks off. Decent plan but problem was I then went on a trash run of cards, in the next 100 mins I only had a few hands that were even slightly playable, just looked back at my HH's and only starting cards that stood out were 88, 66 and AQ in a full 100 mins of play. Anyway blinds were low so didn't affect me too much, still was top 6 when we reached top 30 cash.

Problem was my starting cards remained awful, this is where I played cack, money never really went up until last 9 so I should have used my stack to steal alot more, however had 2 "callers" to my left and so bottled it and decided to keep waiting for decent hands, they never came

Got chipped down to about 19k, pushed 2 times and took blinds to keep my about the average stack size, even then they were just with mid connectors. Down to last 20 and about 20k in chips, average about 30k. I let myself get blinded down and no decent cards hit me, at this point I just wanted to push, cards shouldn't have mattered but I had a run of 8 3, 2 6, 9 4. Plus ppl started raising b4 me so I ran out of options. Blinded down to 10k, feeling mad with myself for not changing gears, while still convincing myself I was due big cards

Classic example of how not to play end of MTT,

Eded up limping in sb in a 4 way pot with J6s, flop JKA, 2 spades, good enough for me, all in vs A10 that held.

Would have been great bankroll boost to get top 4, instead 14th, paid cacky 31euro (1st was 1k). Didnt deserve higher as after I had so much success with aggro style should have carried it on, instead tightened up and played the cards not the situation. Never mind, good MTT experience

Also ground out another 50euro proft at NL50, Bankroll on the increase need to keep focus as playing grinding style is def profitable at these stakes even if a little boring

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home