Friday, August 14, 2009

Grinding...Plumber needed

ok, so I started regrinding today, set up hold em manager (havent used tracking software since nov when deleted it in a huff with all things poker). Played just over 2k hands at NL50, Ending up with 50euro profit. Not great but I actually saw it as a big achievement as haven't played that low for that long for ages

Was also about 160 down at several points, normally id race up stakes to win back quickly but stuck with it tonight and won it all back at NL50. I always said id ignore ev graph but my curiosity got better on me, it actually tells me im short about 200euro, makes sense as I lost a lot of all in races, plus worst beat of night I was all in on turn with qj, on qq82 boards vs kk who hit his 2 outer. Im sure the ev will even out eventually

The tracking software has made me realise just how many leaks are in my game, especially for long term grinding. Felt I played ok in parts but awful in others. I know several areas that I ned to work on

Closest I cam to tilting, I was sat on brennans table, there were two really agro players, very loose and had both shown down with cack all but had big stacks from when they did hit. I tried to start 3 betting one of them but he called me down with 5 3, bottom pair which was better than my nothing. I then pick up ak and 3 bet again, he goes all in, I call and he actually had qq which holds, was annoyed with myself as could have waited for better situation than race. Anyway he left so focused on the other big stack loose agro player. Brennan had just doubled up on him when the guy pushed with air. next hand Im i sb with 69, he min raises, I call, didnt really think about it, just seemed cheap to hit big hand and he may be steaming, up until that hand id been folding sb 90% of time. I flop 66Q, he bets and I raise he calls, turn J spades putting 3 spades out, he insta pushes all in, I 100% believe he either has nothing or maybe j/q with one spade. I call but he has 7 2 flush. Again was bit mad with self and felt tilty at this point

However glad to say i cooled down, at that point i was 160 down and could have tilted more off chasing, but thankfully I stuck to grinding and got out of it......for now

Anyway will have a look at stats with view to start plugging some leaks, god im bad at poker these days, that's what happens when you don't take it seriously for a while

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home