Wednesday, August 12, 2009

False starts

Well since the car crash where I did about £2k over course of a saturday night and sunday afternoon I have really cut back on play. Have been playing cack all year and just leaking money. Havent wanted to deposit big chunks as that 2k was all I had in a back up bankroll that i'd put away at end of last year after a decent end to last year (never had intention of actually playing with it). Actually down for 2009 now after 3 previous years of solid profit. Just goes to show that you have to have respect for the game and play it properly. This year I've basically tried to win big and quick, hopefully lesson learnt.

Have only been depositing very small amounts lately. The odd £10-£20 when I fancy a tourne. Actually turned one £10 into £500. Did this by winning a $10 satellite into a $60 MTT, where I cashed for $250 (1st was $1.5k and I lost a monster pot in last 5 to go chip leader when my kk caught a guy with 85 pushing but he made straight). After that I Played HU NLH and 6 seat PLO properly and olidly and got that up to near $900. I then spotted a big fish (although that is also what I'd call me also this year) on betfair HU $1 $2 , just had to play him, he is so bad and Im sure very positive ev decision long term.

Ran horribly v's him, he's the type who just bets and once in pot doesnt give up, so if you hit hands you win big and he'll keep reloading. You just need disciplined hand selection and be prepared to trust your hand is good when you think it is and go with it. Unfortunately he ran well vs me (he hit very big hands vs my big hands) and I did most of that money. Dont regret it and id play him for as much money I had in my account any other day, sure I might bust but you got to take shot if you feel you truly have clear edge,

Since then been basically playing bits and bobs more for fun when get a bit of time. Apart from if i've had a few hrs spare where i've tried playing sats into MTT and qualified for a few.

Actually been deep in a few of these decent buy in MTT, think reason being that I have been playing with small amounts of cash think Ive tried harder, a few cashes but bit frustrating as keep just missing big money, my end game needs some work as dont move chips quick enough late on. Been trying to spin up whatever cash Ive won. Havent won big yet but been close a few times. Had quite a bit a fun without loosing this month, however still only just above even which is bad considering what can be made grinding properly

Tried grinding last night on .25 .50euro and .50 1$, played ok but I was very bored, im think of trying to make grinding exciting, maybe set self a challenge. I know grinding is the real way to make cash as thats what I did for 3 yrs. The way I have been treating the game will just leak money, I'm aiming to get focus back in Sep and the challenge may be starting at small stakes and build a bankroll the proper way like in the old days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home