Monday, May 25, 2009

Championi

Ok so I might have lost a huge chunk of my roll Friday on-line but forget all that as managed to win the Azz invitational home game on Sunday. Althought when taking into account rebuys (and there were a few!) I probably only made £20, however it was the presige that counts

Was a fun few hrs, the re buy period I think would have been even messier but Brennan managed to only re-buy once before then building a massive stack, after that it was left to me to be the donk re buying every few hands. Ben managed to only play 2 hands in the first hr, first of all spiking a set vs brennans top pair plus flush draw, then getting it all in vs me pre flop in another set up spot....... when I say set up he did have JJ and I did have J4d, I just wanted to be all in vs him, thinking id be live, I did hit a flush draw though but missed, hes such a luck box.

Brennan managed to take the biggest pot of rebuy period vs me (after id just doubled up), my AK no good vs his 10 6, it was a big pot pre flop then on a k 9 q flop it was all in, j on river, which I couldn't moan about the junk I was playing in rebuys. Think I re bought 5 times, all with junk. Anyway re buys went, Ben lost all his chips in one of the last hands of re buy period, only the 3rd hand he had played, but did have a straight flush draw, vs brennans top pair plus ace high flush draw.

After the rebuys it all tightened up, Azz went out early doors after Briggsy had took most of his chips calling down his bluff. I managed to knock ben out with 87 vs his 64 when he was short. Ian was knocked out 4th I think. Me Briggsy and Brennan then played for ages 3 handed. Lots of smaller pots, Briggsy definitely played the best, making some great lay downs and good calls. I managed not to go broke with AA vs Brennans 6 rag on 10 6 6 board but only as tyhe board ran out 4 to a straight at the end. Briggsy ended up short after about an hr and went out to me in a race.

Therefore left to me and Brennan heads up, pro vs amateur. Both had a mountain of chips and promised to be a long hu battle. First hand I pick up A3d and limp knowing he'd pop it up which he did. I then push all in and he calls...ooops, he had A10. However 2 4 5 board gives me the nuts. Hes down to hardly any chips and next few hands are all in blind pretty much.

Was a fun day, I know nobody cares about this long winded write up but I wanted to do it anyway to remind myself of a time I won at poker. Think Brigsy or Brennan may have deserved to win, it was probably the fact id spent a load in rebuys that made me determined to hang around at the end

1 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

I was robbed. Good write up though and was a great laugh.

I also think you could have saved yourself most of your rebuys if you were not so fixated on knocking me out!!

8:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home