Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recovery and Responsible Gambling

Over the weekend won most of the £350 I lost in my donk session on Thu. Stuck to NL100 and some NL50 HU + PLO. While it wasn't exciting at least it was profitable. Still didnt play that well to be honest just hit some hands that held and kept discipline when I did get some beats. Not rocket science, I think the problem with grinding is it seems so mechanical. Im 99% sure I know the right grinding strategy in terms of what hands and when to raise c bet etc, however I dont have discipline to do it over a session. So after a short while I start limping into more pots, min raising in some etc just to get a bit more exciting. They are definitely leaks and less profitable than standard grinding play but hey I get too see some flops and fold ;-).

Thats why I couldnt do it pro, you need that mental discipline, the likes of Brennan and my bro in law Richard have, to have a strategy and stick to it. I'm sure if you looked at all my stats via hold em manager and took each table/session seperately my game would be completely different on each depending on my mood/mind set that day, Id love to say it was dependant on the other players and sound like a genius but im afraid it differs depending on how I feel and has 0% to do with table selevtion, player observing etc!

If I had bigger cahooners I'd play higher and just see where it took me, im positive id be a long term looser on the cash tables NL600 and above but at the min the only time I venture up is when tilting so at an even bigger disadvantage. That logic is just twisted, only play higher when your playing really bad! Would be interesting to do it when in positive mindset, did a few times last year and made decent profit. Reason I don't......due to risk of running bad and blowing roll and not being able to play at all (=pathetically soft, just go for it you girl!)

For now i'll be sensible as a few hundred £ up for month (not spectacular at all) but also got decent rake to come. It all comes in handy as just bought big TV today, plus want loft conversion done and baby on way (which will be here inside 4 weeks definitely one way or another), therefore I should really gamble responsible (its not gambling its a skill game so just do it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home