Thursday, January 22, 2009

They thought it was all over........

Realised last night that I still had a bit of cash left in betfair account, surprising bonus, enough for 3 buy ins at NL100, I could have dropped lower but to be honest at the stage where I cant see myself putting in tons of hours in next few week so just transferred it to big slick and played 3 tables

Was thinking this could be a great story in thinking BR was bust but finding a bit in old site and spinning it back up, In any case, surely the week couldn’t get much worse, done majority of my roll, dirty Everton sneaking a last min equaliser, man u and chelsea sneaking last min winners, this was going to be the turning point

Started really well, early on I am in bb and 2 limps, I check 10 7 off, flop 10 10 4, I bet out, one raiser, I call, turn is 7. NUTS. I check, he bets out and I pile in, thinking if he has a 10 he’s doubling me up. Sure enough he calls….. with AA!, not only did he limp but he then lost his full buy in. Brilliant! This is surely a turning point

Very next hand on same table, sat with $200, another big stack, raises, I call with 88, flop is 8 3 2. I bet out again, he raises, im hoping he has an overpair. We get it all in, him AA, hits A on river and my double up became 1 buy in down! That was pretty sick but we have all been there, cant moan too much just was painful that happened quickly after a double up that made had me feel a lot better plus it was vs another guy who had a double stack

I didn’t tilt, or at least I didn’t feel I tilted, it wasn’t huge money and I felt pretty calm, however only played for another 45 mins until busted. 2 big pots did the damage, I have Aks, one raiser, I re-raise him, he calls, flop kk2. I had a aggressive image on this table as Id raised pre flop lots, mainly had hands but think people were suspecting I was a maniac so perfect flop for me. We end up all in and he has 22!, at least it wasn’t a bad beat just a bad spot, im never folding in a cash game in that spot with only two hands (k2, 22) that beat me and k2 being hugely unlikely.. Majority of buy in gone

On other table im dealt KK and run into AA, I kind of knew as all the action was pre flop but couldn’t bring myself to fold. Again just bad spot vs bad beat. It left me with $60 between 2 tables so came off and put it on one, that went when turned a straight, vs a top pair + flush draw who hit, again not a horrendous beat.

Ive had better weeks. Im at that stage where don’t know if im just running bad (a few beats and a few bad situations) or if I am also playing terrible. Obviously above focuses on main pots I lost, I think the in between pots I didn’t play that great, not terribly but I know I can play better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenos said...

More bad luck mate. I've heard it said many a time, play good small and medium pot poker, and over time the big pots take care of themselves! I think me and you need a bit turning in our favour!

Are we going to see another post pay day attempt at bankroll building? FWIW when I had $300 I'd 4 table NL50 megga aggro leaving a few reloads behind. You gonna start that small? ;-)

9:04 pm  
Blogger BH said...

Aye, unlucky mate. Get yourself back in the saddle straight after pay day - only a week away now....

If confidence is really low then I'd also recommend watching a few professional videos. You might not learn tonnes (I did to start with, but I was a complete cash fish) and after a few I noticed that most of the plays they were making were the same ones that I thought I would do - built my confidence for my next session.

Don't give up now anyway - need the practice for Vegas :-)

2:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home