Tuesday, February 06, 2007

2007...Getting back to Normal

After the lessons learned in December I went back to grinding at .50 $1 in Jan. I felt a better playing from the bad experience in December and was handling the bad beats a little better (though I still tilted occasionally ;-) ). I ended up £480 up for the month on NL cash which nearly made up for losses in December.

Feb has started really well. I am limited to how much I can play this month as Im away most weekends. However I had a big session this weekend and made around £400 through the 2 days. These weren’t through huge puts but basically grinding away on 2 tables at $.50 $1 NL. As I knew I had time I was waiting for the good situations to come up. Other than that I was taking lots of smaller pots. My biggest pot of Saturday was from calling a $4 raise pre flop with 77, flop cometh 2 4 7 and I get KK all in for a $230 pot. That had took 3 hours at that table where I was at that point $50 up from grinding and just shows sometimes that patience is the key.

The weekend could have been better but I lost a few big pots with the hands where we always loose the most AA. 2 times io was up versus top pair and a flush draw so couldn’t blame the guy who beat me, Im proud that I never tilted!. However one donk really got my blood boiling, for a 45 min period he kept catching 2/3 outers on me after chasing with under pairs, gut shots etc. I had to think long and hard back to December to try and not tilt. I decided to keep playing how I was as he would give me it all back. Then this hand came up. I had J10s. He rose to $4.5 and 3 of us called. Flop was 2d 8s 9s. Giving me up and down straight flush draw. I led out a made a weakfish bet of $6 as I felt I could get the donk to raise and I was favourite verus anything he had pretty much apart from maybe a higher flush draw.. He did raise to $20, everyone else folded. I felt the time was right to gamble as I didn’t want to call and get a blank turn. Felt I could win the pot there and then, so I raised to $120, he called all his chips with AK Off!!!! Crazy call with ace high no draw. Luckily this time I hit. Maybe some will argue I should have waited for an even better situation but that seemed a great flop to me. The great think is he slagged me saying I was the fish and lucky t*#t!, after he had been catching 2/3 outers and id kept quiet ;-). Brilliant at how little some of these donks do not know about the game and another reason I’ll be staying at the stakes for a while.

Most of the time I played pretty ok and am happy with the profit. I set myself a target of £300 per month minimum which I surpassed this weekend alone. This eases the pressure a little and hopefully I can play the rest of the month with same success. One thing im happy about is slowly im starting to develop a better ability to stay emotionally stable and not tilt every time a donk hits. Hopefully this can continue although its not always as easy as it sounds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home