Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Record start to a month

This is by far the best start ive had to the month. Played cash again tonight for a few hours and made $360. Im getting the occasional bad beat but for the most part my hands are holding up. I also seem to be finding loose players who like to call ;-)

Trying not to kid myself though as ive been through these good patches before and they are usually followed by a tougher patch. I think I heard Gus Hansen on TV last night say, 'your never as good as you look when winning and never as bad as you seem when loosing'. Thats defintely true, In December I suddenly thought i was better and made the mistake of playing above my means. I am happyn at .50 $1 at the minute and so far $1100 (about £550) up for Feb from 4 days play.

I have been watching my mate 'soap' Suddes on higher stakes, mainly $200 6 pacs where he has had a great run. Watched him win three on the bounce and make nearly $2k in under 2 hrs. It was exciting and made me want to jump up the stakes. He plays a variety of games such as NL, FL, MTT and STT where as I stay mainly on cash and the occasional MTT. I think I do need to add some variation to my play and next month I may try dabbling in FL. Watching him on the tournes made me realise how much my tourne play is lacking these days. He kicked ass on the 6 pacs, made it look very easy which im 100% sure $200 6 pacs arent!!! In terms of the stakes though as ive said before at the moment im happy banking profit and keeping my roll at a level thats right for the stakes im playing. If I decide to move up, instead of banking profit I will start building my roll to cope with the variance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home